About the CLARIN Virtual Language Observatory
The Virtual Language Observatory (VLO) faceted browser was developed within CLARIN as a means to explore linguistic resources, services and tools available within CLARIN and related communities.
All information in the VLO faceted browser is based on the metadata descriptions of resources as provided by the parties (CLARIN centres) that host the original data. It gets refreshed regularly but may not be completely up-to-date with the current state of the original data and metadata depending on the date, time and state of the metadata providing/retrieval process (based on OAI-PMH).
See the list of contributors for an overview of CLARIN centres and other sources currently providing metadata to the VLO.
If you have questions or remarks concerning the VLO, please contact the maintainers by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments on individual metadata records can be submitted by using the "report" button () that can be found on every page with search results or record information.
- Van Uytvanck, D., Stehouwer, H., & Lampen, L. (2012). Semantic metadata mapping in practice: The Virtual Language Observatory. In N. Calzolari (Ed.), Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2012), Istanbul, May 23rd-25th, 2012 (pp. 1029-1034). European Language Resources Association (ELRA).
- Goosen, T., & Eckart, T. (2014). Virtual Language Observatory 3.0: What’s New? CLARIN Annual Conference 2014, Soesterberg, Netherlands.
The VLO is included in the FAIRsharing registry with identifier https://doi.org/10.25504/FAIRsharing.429b28.
|Application version number:||4.11.4|
|Last commit id:||e1cbcb6|
|Date and time of change in the code base:||2023-05-09 11:06:33 UTC|
The following people have contributed to the VLO faceted browser:
- Claus Zinn
- Patrick Duin
- Herman Stehouwer
- Thomas Eckart
- Kees Jan van de Looij
- Twan Goosen
- Davor Ostojic
- Wolfgang Sauer
- Dieter van Uytvanck
- Sander Maijers
Icons by Glyphicons and Font Awesome.
The VLO GitHub repository provides packaged sources of all released versions of the VLO. The VLO is open source software, and all of its code is released under a GNU General Public License Version 3 (GPLv3) licence. The full licence can be found in the source code repository and in the packaged sources and binaries.
- Java SE
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache Solr (version 8.11.2)
- Apache Wicket (version 8.15.0)
- Bootstrap (version 3.4.0)
- Spring Framework (version 5.3.27)
Development of the VLO has been made possible in part through funding received from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme through:
- CLARIN-PLUS under grant agreement No 676529;
- EOSC-hub under grant agreement No 777536